Baja Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos & Salsa Verde
Who could resist with these zesty fresh tacos?
Juice of 3 limes
Zest of lime
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 c. shredded green cabbage
1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Tia Lupita Hot Sauce
Zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Tia Lupita Cactus + Corn Tortillas
Tia Lupita Salsa Verde
1. In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients except shrimp. Whisk thoroughly. Add shrimp, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Make slaw: In a large bowl combine all Cabbage Slaw ingredients and mix gently.
3. Make garlic-lime mayo: in a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Whisk and season with salt.
4. Preheat grill or pan to medium heat. Grill shrimp until pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Build tacos: Warm a tortilla, add a scoop of slaw, a few shrimp, a drizzle of garlic-lime mayo and top with Tia Lupita Salsa Verde. Garnish with cilantro and serve.