2 pounds of flank steak or skirt steak
The juice of 1 orange
The juice of 2 limes
¼ cup of light beer
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1 large white onion sliced,
Optional: Vegetable oil to brush the grill before grilling
Tia Lupita Cactus Corn Masa Tortillas
Tia Lupita Hot Sauce
1. Place the flank steak in a large baking dish and, if using the sliced onion, spread the slices over the meat.
2. In a medium-sized bowl mix together the orange juice, lime juice, light beer, soy sauce, vegetable oil, and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Pour the marinade over the meat; cover with a plastic film and refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. Light up your charcoal grill, or preheat your gas grill. (You can also use a cast iron grill pan, the ones you use over the stove top). And brush your grill with a little vegetable oil as this will prevent the meat from sticking.
5. Remove meat from marinade and pat dry. Place meat on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side. (Cooking time will depend on the meat thickness and your personal preferences, either medium or well done). Remove meat from grill and place it on your cutting board. Slice it and serve it with Tia Lupita Cactus Corn Masa Tortillas and other garnishes mentioned above.