Slow Cooked Corned Beef Tacos - Tia Style
18 Tia Lupita Grain-Free Cactus Tortillas
3 pounds corned beef
2 (11.2 ounce) bottles Guinness Beer
3 avocados, thinly sliced
1 small head red cabbage, shredded
3 cups shredded Irish cheddar cheese
Guinness Cream Sauce (recipe below)
Lime wedges, for garnish, if desired
Tia Lupita Salsa Verde
● Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
● Add corned beef and Guinness beer.
● Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until meat is very tender.
● Remove corned beef from slow cooker and remove visible fat.
● Slice or shred meat.
● Warm Cactus Tortillas by spraying a little olive oil on each side and heating for about 30 second on each side.
● Top tortillas with corned beef, avocado, red cabbage, shredded cheddar, and Guinness cream sauce.
● Garnish with chopped cilantro, Tia Lupita Salsa Verde and a squeeze of lime.
Ingredients for the Guiness Cream Sauce
1 cup Guinness beer
1/2 cup sour cream
1 to 2 teaspoons honey
Freshly ground pepper
Instructions for the Guiness Cream Sauce
● Heat Guinness over medium heat in a small saucepan and let simmer until reduced to 1/4 – 1/3 cup. Cool completely.
● Combine reduced Guinness, sour cream, 1 teaspoon honey, and season with Kosher salt and pepper.
● Taste and add another teaspoon of honey if desired.