Vegetable oil, for frying
1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Freshly ground pepper
1 1/4 pounds skinless halibut fillet, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch pieces
1 Hass avocado
1/2 cup fresh salsa
Tia Lupita Chipotle
Tia Lupita Cactus + Corn Tortillas
● Heat about 3 inches vegetable oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375º.
● Meanwhile, toss the cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl. Season the slaw with salt.
● Mix the flour, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl.
● Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, then fry in batches until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
● Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Season with salt.
● Halve, pit and slice the avocado.
● Spray each Cactus + Corn Tortilla with a little olive oil on each side and warm in a skillet over medium-low heat.
● Fill the tortillas with the fish, avocado, slaw, salsa and Tia Lupita Chipotle
● Serve with lime wedges.