Tacos al Carbon
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4-6 limes)
1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, separated
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons black pepper, separated
1 cup canola or avocado oil, separated
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
2 pounds flank steak
12 Tia Lupita Grain Free Cactus Tortillas
Tia Lupita Habanero Hot Sauce
Topping Ideas: Queso, guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, or sour cream
1. Add the lime juice, 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in 1 cup of oil, whisking all the while. Then, add the cilantro and garlic and stir to combine.
2. Transfer the marinade to a zip-top bag and add the flank steak. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
3. Remove the beef from the bag and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Rub all over to adhere, and set aside until ready to use.
4. Heat grill to medium-high to high heat. Once the grill has come to temperature, sear the steak for 6-7 minutes on the first side, turn, and sear for 4-5 minutes more.
5. Allow to rest 10 minutes. Then, slice the beef as thin as possible (cutting against the grain), warm up Tia Lupita tortillas with a little olive oil in a pan, roll in tortillas and top as desired, with plenty of your favorite Tia Lupita Hot Sauce of course!