Tia Lupita Chilaquiles
2 cups Tia Lupita Tortilla Chips of your choice
For the pico de gallo:
1 plum or roma tomato, diced
1/8 of a medium white onion, diced
1 serrano pepper (or half), veins and seeds removed, minced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
For the salsa
1/4 cup Tia Lupita Salsa Verde
2 - 3 Tbsp of chicken stock or water
1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
1 Tbsp mexican crema (or sour cream + 1 Tbsp of milk)
Optional but recommended
1/2 cup shredded chicken or 1 fried egg
Flaky salt - fleur de sel or Maldon Sea Salt
1. Serve your tortilla chips in an extended bowl or in a large plate
2. Mix tomato, onion, serrano and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a small sauce pan, heat the salsa with the chicken stock and the water on low. Increase heat to medium if your’e making 2+ portions.
4. While the salsa heats up, make your fried egg or heat your shredded chicken until it’s warm.
5. Check your salsa, it should be runny, like soup, you can add more water if needed or let it reduce to slightly thicken it if needed.
6. Once the salsa is simmering pour it over the tortilla chips.
7. Top with egg or chicken, then sprinkle the cheese crumbles, then drizzle the crema and top with pico de gallo. Sprinkle salt on top. Enjoy!!!
Experiment with different Tia Lupita salsa and chip combos - Chilaquiles with Salsa Verde Chips with Habanero Salsa are amazing!!